Blackberry is one of the fruits that do our body and health a whole lot of good. It is a fruit-bearing shrub of the species of ‘ rubus fruticosus’.
The fruit is deep purple in color with smooth, fragile skin.
Also, the fruit contains only 62 calories and less than 1 gram of fat per cup.
Record has it that blackberries grow naturally
throughout most of the United States.
That is why you can find these fruits in grocery shops, in stalls and in supermarkets.
There are many vital and essential nutrients that we can derive from these fruits and this is why it is important that we include them in our diet.
Also, blackberries are sweet and juicy, they also have a great flavor that attracts people to them.
Moreover, a blacberry is one of fruits you do not need to peel before eating which makes eating them very easy and without stress.
These fruit benefits the skin and the overall health.
The health benefits of blackberry are;
1. They contain key nutrients that help keep the
tissues healthy and combat chronic disease.
2. Blackberries are also rich in fiber and fiber has both digestive and cardiovascular benefits it contributes to the health. Fiber aids digestion and helps to lower cholesterol levels in the body.
3. They also contain vitamin A that helps the digestive system.
4. Blackberries are a powerhouse of vitamins C and K and mineral manganese. These nutrients help in building strong and healthy bones as well as muscles.
5. Also, blackberries are rich in antioxidants and this helps in lowering the risk of a number of cancers.
Also, due to the anthocyanin content of a blackberry, and these anthocyanins also offer cancer-fighting benefits. They act as antioxidants or chemicals that fight genetic mutations and cancer-causing tissue damage.
6. Also, they have high tannin content and this
provides a number of benefits to reduce intestinal inflammation. It also alleviate hemorrhoids and soothe the effects of diarrhea.
7. Blackberries contain more than 85% water, this helps to detoxify the body and maintains the elasticity of the skin. That is why eating blackberry leaves are skin glowing and radiant.
Vitamins A, C And K anlso helps to rejuvenate the skin.
8. Furthermore, the leaves of a blackberry tree
contain tannins with brilliant astringent qualities. The leaves are used to heal wounds, open sores and scratches.